On Tuesday 11 Nov 2003 4:13 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have just recently setup urpmi on my box to perform updates, and it
> worked great for the security updates. Now I am trying to update the
> bugfixes and normal updates, and running into a problem. Once I try to
> start the process to download the updates I have selected I am asked for
> CDROM 1. I placed CDROM 1 in my drive, but it just keeps ejecting it and
> asking for CDROM 1. I have also tried CDs 2 and 3.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what I need to do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
First there should be an update for urpmi itself on the server.
urpmi urpmi
will install it.

Secondly. Have you changed your CD drive to ide-scsi? If so then the CD
sources may be defined incorrectly. You can correct that in the software
sources GUI.

Finally if all else fails delete the CD sources and define an online source
for 'main' using the 'Easy Urpmi' web page. Then you will never be asked for
a CD ever again.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net