Howdie,

I have been using OpenBSD for a long time, and like it on servers.  However I needed
to test using Linux and am trying to work with Mandrake 9.1.  It's very impressive,
easy to be productive doing office work and the usual tasks.  I also really like the
smart security levels, and how easy it is to tweak them for certain users.

On a side note, of course I am used to using route and ifconfig to set up interfaces.
I have worked briefly from Red Hat and quite a while Mandrake on a laptop, so I
remember some things about /etc/sysconfig.

I discovered in search of documentation that man /etc/hosts will basically dump
/etc/hosts to stdout.  Also man /path/file will dump file to stdout.  Isn't this a
really bad idea?

Please reply to me off list as I am not subscribed right now (trying to get rid of
spams and flooding inbox).

Sorry, I guess the question is is there any way to change the default behavior with a
bash configuration alias or something?  I really do like this software and want to get
familiar with it.

No one cares but I was shocked when the install rewrote my mbr without prompting!  On
x86 of course.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Lincoln