On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:28:51PM -0200, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2003 09:13, Margot wrote:
> > Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> > > and wears old computer parts... :-)
> >
> > I've never heard of this, but I'm all in favour of recycling. I've got a
> > couple of old 386's lurking under the bed, and a selection of keyboards
> > and mouses (mice?). What sort of clothes do you think I could make?
> >
> > Margot
>
> The interview is great. I've just read it.
> To me, it's inevitable to look at Mr Stallman and not to imagine a kind of
> computer Jesus Christ !  :-)
> (I don't mean to disrespect anybody's faith ! Please !)
>
> Margot, you're right. The plural of 'mouse' (i.e., the object you were
> referring to) is 'mouses'.

I agree.  Mice are animals.  Mouses are not.  Nut I wouldn't get upset about
anyone who calls mouses mice.

> Although I'm not a native speaker, I've read lots of texts on Linguistics.
> I recommend the book The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker. It's a wonderful
> read and not so full of difficult terminologies.

Though I.m not quite a native speaker either (learned English at the age
of 5 by moving to an English-speaking part of Canada.  But I speak English
better than Dutch, which is my native language.)

-- hendrik