I don't know if I have a bad install or if I'm missing something in the setup of 9.2:

1.  The four icons on the initial desktop: 'CD-ROM', 'Floppy', 'Trash' and 'Home' don't link to anything.  I can click all day and nothing happens.  I was able to get Nautilus and bring it to the desktop and that at least, works.
2.  I found what appears to be the KDE Control Center under 'Special Buttons" on the lower task bar, but that doesn't seem to link to anything either.  The control center doesn't show up anywhere else that I can find.
3.  I don't have any sound, but that was also a problem with 9.1 on this laptop.
4.  The list of applications available is pretty slim, there isn't even a browser listed anywhere.

Is anyone else having this much trouble with 9.2?  Am I faced with a new install from scratch /

Rich

--
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>