On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 15:50, Greg Meyer wrote:
On Saturday 15 November 2003 03:33 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I don't know if I have a bad install or if I'm missing something in the
> setup of 9.2:
>
> 1.  The four icons on the initial desktop: 'CD-ROM', 'Floppy', 'Trash'
> and 'Home' don't link to anything.  I can click all day and nothing
> happens.  I was able to get Nautilus and bring it to the desktop and
> that at least, works.
> 2.  I found what appears to be the KDE Control Center under 'Special
> Buttons" on the lower task bar, but that doesn't seem to link to
> anything either.  The control center doesn't show up anywhere else that
> I can find.
> 3.  I don't have any sound, but that was also a problem with 9.1 on this
> laptop.
> 4.  The list of applications available is pretty slim, there isn't even
> a browser listed anywhere.
>
> Is anyone else having this much trouble with 9.2?  Am I faced with a new
> install from scratch /
>
> Rich
Try running 'update-menus -v' as root and see if that solves the problem.  I
have had this happen to me and updating the menus solved the problem.  Also,
have you applied any of the updates yet.  The updates fixes a lot of little
niggles.

I clicked on the 'Home' icon that's in the K-menu in the lower left corner and Konqueror popped up! not only that, but all of the icons now work,including the KDE control panel.  Somethn' was stuck!

Rich