On Saturday 15 November 2003 09:09 am, Aron Smith wrote:
> > > I just bought a ARCHOS Ondi0 128
> > > when i plug it in I can read the directory under /mnt/removable
> > > the problem is that I can't write or copy my mp3s to that directory any
> > > suggestions ?
> > > thanks
> > > smitty
> >
> > It could be a permissions problem.    The /etc/fstab line for the
removable drive
> > should have "user" in it somewhere, similar to this:
> >
> > /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850
> >
> > etc, etc
>
> My etc/fstab for removable looks like this
> /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto
> user,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,exec 0 0

I still suspect that it is a permissions problem if you can see the drive, but
not write to it.  A possible solution to check this would be:  Try to copy a
file to the drive from the command line.   The error you get may give
information as to the nature of the problem.

If the operation fails due to lack of permission, try again as root.

e.