Hi,

I'm getting at startup the following error:

ldm_validate_partition_table(): disk_read failed

very so often, which makes me realize that I don't know how to replace a hard disk and keep all my directories the same way as before the crash.

Then, I have the following questions:
1) How can I know which of my two HDs is almost broken?
2) How can I move all data from the broken dist to a new one?
3) Is it possible to check whether the disk is usable?

Any links or hints will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rosario
P.s. I just have my data partially backuped, but not the whole system.