Hi,

First I downloaded Mandrake 9.2 from rawtree. I tried to install it, after download, and got freeze when it was installing packages. The freeze I get is complete freeze at a random time, I need to reset the system from the reset button.
I tried to change settings on the BIOS and got freeze again. I have a PCI IDE RAID card. So I removed it to see if it would stop freezing, bot got no success.

I thought it was a rawtree problem. So, I just downloaded the public ISO, and got the same problem.

Two times I got success installing 9.2 by keep moving my mouse until the package install complete. But when I start to use the system, it freezes at random time.

Anyone can tell me what can I do to find out what is happening.

When I install slackware I got no problems.

The system I have is:

Athlon XP 1800+
mobo Asus A7N8X-X (nforce2 chipset, no dual channel support)
512 MB of generic 333 MHz DDR memory
3 HDD (40 GB Seagate, 26 GB Quantum, 20 GB Samsung)
TV Tunner Generic Card (Philips SAA730 chip)
MSI Geforce FX 5600 256 MB
3Ware IDE Raid card
MSI CD-Writer (this one I always use to install)
LG DVD Drive (due to that issue, I never installed using it).

Well, I hope I can get help. Mandrake is the system I really like, and I need to use Linux to my pos-graduation works.

Thanks all