On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 07:50:03PM -0700, Yifan Yu wrote:
> Is there a way to find out what address I should use? Also, when I tried
> the boot option, it says ide2 is an invalid option.

Do you already have Linux installed on this machine?  You can find
information about the controller in /proc/pci.

If not, you _might_ be able to find the info in the Windows device manager
under the resources tab.

Mine also said that "ide2..." was an invalid option, but continued with the
install (and did see the drive) despite the warning.