On Friday 21 Nov 2003 9:29 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Lee Wiggers wrote:
> >BTW, Eric
> >
> >When you resubbed me yesterday (day before?) I had to confirm when
> >sending an email to list.
> >
> >Maybe that was my clue that I had been unsubbed again?
> >
> >Lee
>
> Well it does that any time a non list member sends a message to
> newbie, it asks for confirmation in order to confirm identity,
> which is fair enough, no, I guess and that is all it is some time
> yesterday around 11.00GMT something removed an entire list
> membership of all the sympa lists. Human error or virus ???

According to a message on the expert list, apparently at some point
sympa lost its connection and the ability to send.  This resulted in
all the messages remaining in the queue being bounced.  Bounced
message = bad address in sympa's eyes, so all those addresses were
unsubbed.  This affected the majority of subscribers to all the
mandrake lists.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302