Hi,

I have ver0.51 installed on my Mandrake9.0 system here, and I've just
managed to get it working after sorting out the "missing subsystem"
problem that a few other have had. But I can't seem to save stills - in
the "capture" mode, I can click on the "Still" button and it opens up a
typical save dialog box but after browsing to the location I want and
entering the filename I want, there is no file written. Not there, not
anywhere. I can capture video to the same location no trouble, but I
want to be able to capture stills too.

I looked here and in the help file but didn't see any mention of this
problem. Indeed, the help file does not even mention the capture mode at
all, nor the stills function...

Then I noticed there is a much more recent version available so I
downloaded it. Following the instructions after extracting the archive I
entered ./configure and got the following error:

$ ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr//bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for gnome-config... no
checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
by gnome-libs install

Can anyone tell me what to do about this? I'm using KDE, not Gnome, if
that makes any difference.

TIA

--
Merlin Zener