On Sunday 23 November 2003 09:56, Keith Powell wrote:

<snip>
> However, if I try to install anything from the rediris "contrib"
> mirror, I get the "Invalid Signature" message on each package.
> But they will install if I ignore the message. I didn't get these
> errors with 9.1
>
> My query is, are the errors likely to be caused by some file
> missing on the cover disks, or is it a known problem with 9.2? I
> can't find anything in the archives about it.  What do I need to
> do to overcome this little problem, or do I just always ignore
> it?
</snip>

That's a well known issued with the "Contrib" mirrors. The contrib
packages aren't supported by Mandrake and thusly do not contain the
signature. You can do two things :

1. Ignore it. As long as the md5sum is OK it doesn't matter.
2. Get the Signature from the server. I don't know how, and don't
care, but others on this list know the procedure.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.