On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:15:57 +0000
Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You will get that error if you are not using ../base for your contrib
> source.
>
> The <whatever>/contrib/i586/ contains a synthesis.hdlist2.cz and the
> rpms can be installed using such, But, it does not contain a list or
> hdlist as does base so you get the 'invalid list'

Thanks Charles,

My original contrib url is
ftp://mirrors.secsup.org/pub/linux/mandrake/Mandrake/9.2/contrib/i586
path to hdlist: ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
(this was the urpmi.addmedia given by easy urpmi on plf)
that path to hdlist was the only /base dir i could find.  So as far as I
can tell it was reading the right hdlist.  I'll mess around with it and
see.  I even tried updating the contrib source or using a different one
 and it still gives me that error when installing from contrib.  I'll
report back after trying a few things.

Jerry.
--
_||_  Registered linux user #300600