> If I misread that and you
> *did* expect an answer, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries.  I did want a reply, but not getting a bounce was almost
as good. :)

> >I wasn't realy following the thread, but did you check the
> >archives to see if the messages got thru to the list itself?
> >I think maybe they got there, but didn't get to you?
>
> I did check, but the archive was a day or two behind with its
> archiving work, so that told me nothing.

A day or 2 behind?  Did you check the mandrake archive?

http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie%40linux-mandrake.com/

su it's up to date.

> If you are convinced I should contact my ISP for malperformance I
> will, but as somebody (James Sparenberg?) on one of the lists
> remarked, it is entirely possible that a server in front of sympa
> which might be hickuping a little and not have an outside line
> available would cause a bounce effect to be recorded by sympa; or
> at least that was the way I understood his suggestion.

Oh, i am never sure of anytihg when mail and especially sympa are
involved.  At wrk, we had a "perfectly" functioning email system,
but analog devices could never email us.  The could email me at
home, and i could email them, but i couldn't get there mail at work
at all...

Sooooo, as long as you're happily receiving and posting now, we're
good.

eric