On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:40:42 +0100
"H.J.Bathoorn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got an old P166 16M ram running Smoothwall for over 2 yrs now
> (24/24)......veeeeery goood!
> I don't know about the feature thing but it's rock-solid, uses about 30M
> HD-space (not counting the logfiles of course) and is almost silent i.e. I
> cut out all the fans incl. the one on the P166 chip.....the only thing you
> can hear is the HD writing the log-files.
> If I switched of logging I wouldn't hear anything at all:)
>
> To top it all of, I wedged the thing vertically between my bookshelf and the
> heating radiator so it's not in a cool place either.

I've got a P90 running my BBIAgent, with no HD, but I *do* have an old 2GB HD
and I've got the Smoothwall ISO burned and ready to go, it's just that
my BBIAgent box has been so invisible to me for so long (it's uptime must be in
the several months by now...only time it ever went down is a power failure), I
just never think of it. It's been going like that for about 3 years now, since
before I started using Linux.

Actually, like you it's waaaaay out of the way, behind a panel next to my desk,
you can see a shot on my site :-)

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046