On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:59:22 +0200
Void lon iXaarii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ummm .. that doesn't seem like a good thing .. it eating up your time ..
> unless of course you enjoy it

At least with hacking around with Linux you might actually learn something of
value.

T.V., on the other hand, that's debatable. Since 90% of news organizations
are owned by about 5 people, you are not exactly getting a "healthy diet"  or
diversity of opinion, and news would be the only legitimate use of TV nowadays,
considering the alternative is unfunny and trite sitcoms and "reality" shows.

Once Seinfeld went off the air and the Simpsons lost Matt Groening, TV became a
wasteland, IMO.

I hear there's a new series of Dr. Who coming on the air in Britain, now *that*
I would want to watch, but the cable monopoly here in Canada either would not
offer it or would charge exorbitant rates just to get that one channel. There is
Tech TV as well, but I don't get it for the same reason.

I get all the news I need from the BBC and CBC, both of which are independant,
public, and available *online*.

With all due respect to Nietzche, "TV is dead" ;-)

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046