well ... after like ... umm .. maybe 5-6 months of linuxing .. it seems I'm moving back to windows again ... I had really high hopes for Mandrake 9.2 ... but my tv tuner didn't work (not even one channel detected) ... though it was cool that this time I was able to quickly get all 4 speakers working ... and I saw no obvious way of getting the remote working ....seems I'm moving into standby again for a couple of months years ... sad news ;-(
greets to everybody & thanks for all the help.