On Saturday 29 November 2003 10:31 pm, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Thanks Greg,
> I will look into those hints when doing the research.
> I'm very surprised by Adolfo's case though. Because, frankly speaking I
> have Toshiba in my mind in the first place. About price, I thought of
> buying on the range of $1,000-1,200. $1,800-2,000 would be nice, but I
> don't think it fits in my budget right now.
>
> Well, I'll inform it when the decision's been made and the result.

Also, consider getting one of the live CDs and trying to boot the laptop
you're interested in if you can.  This way you can be sure that everything
will work with Linux.  Texstar is going to be putting out a LiveCD based on
mandrake 9.2 soon called PCLinuxOS.  Watch pclinuxonline.com for more info.
Also, I believe Mandrake is going to issue a live cd soon too.  Then there is
always the old standby Knoppix.
--
/g