On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 23:32, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Dear all,
> I want to buy a notebook, but I'm not really sure because it's quite
> expensive. I thought of buying a Pentium 4 one.
> Could you pls give me advice on:
> 1. Regarding the price and technology, is it the right time to buy a
> notebook?
> 2. What brand and series do you suggest that work best for Linux
> installation?
> Many thanks,
> Fajar.

Stay away from Toshiba. Lousy support to Linux, if any. There is a class
action regarding the 5005-S504.
http://www.kbla.com/active/case_toshiba.php

I own one of this model and this is a partial list of features:
.- Battery is dead. I mean dead. 0 seconds battery life.
.- CD/RW is almost dead. It can't write or read. It just spins (the
reason for qualifying it as "almost*).
.- The machine over heat. Good to fry eggs.

I love this nicety: the only way to setup your bios is through a Windows
applet.

Google for "toshiba 5005 class action" and you'll find more information
about this expensive desktop :-(

--
Adolfo A. Bello B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Make your posts more effective. Learn how at