On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:51:59 -0500
J wrote:

|On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:40:20 -0600
|"C. Tresenriter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

|> I've been running the default kernel from the beginning and all
|hardware> is the same as when I originally installed.
|> What would cause any of these packages to be needed?
|
|IIRC, running urpmi --auto-select will return *all* packages which are
|newer than the ones currently installed, comparing what's available to
|everything on your system.
|
|If you only want packages which are "updates", then, of course:
|
|urpmi --update --auto-select
|
|Otherwise you will upgrade every package on your system.
|
|It's kinda like apt-get --dist-upgrade on Debian.
|
|Check man urpmi for command line switches to exclude certain
|media/packages from the auto-select.

        Thanks for the clarification
        Can't see any *need* for a different kernel, especially anything
        nvidia. I haven't used the --update option in the past but urpmi never
        wanted to install a different kernel.

|--
|JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
|Registered Linux user #282046
|Homepage: www.orderinchaos.org
|"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways. The

--
The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter
their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. - William James,