Hi Marco,

The Wine on the 9.1 CDs is very old (new releases come out monthly).
Wines compiled for Mandrake can be found at

I'm not sure about the status of the November wine. There have been
a number of complaints on the wine users mailing list about the
Mandrake binary. However, I installed the October Mandrake binary
successfully, so I know that one will install properly on a 9.1 system.

I agree with cdrack's advice about using Winesetuptk to configure
it. There is a new Winesetuptk at the site I listed above. One of
its benefits is that it takes advantage of all the new stuff in the
latest Wine releases. I installed it and thought it did a great job
of installing all my media for Wine's use.

Since Wine is alpha software, there is no guarantee that it will run
your application. Winehq maintains a database of applications that have
been tried with Wine (both successfully and unsuccessfully). You might
look there to see if anyone has tried to use TopStyle with Wine.

http://appdb.winehq.com

Also, it is important to remove your current installation of Wine
before installing another one. You can easily do this through the
Mandrake Control Center.

Good luck,
deedee

--