On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 01:43 am, many eyes noted that Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 05 Dec 2003 1:56 pm, Keith Powell wrote:
> > Has anyone got the spell checker to work in KWord, please?
> >
> > I have experimented with various settings in Settings->Configure
> > KWord->Spellings.
> >
> > When it has spell checked the first word, it either won't call up
> > the dictionary again, or it crashes with a seg-fault. It won't save
> > the settings but keeps reverting to the default ones.
> >
> > I can't decide if the problem is KWord, or me!
> >
> > Ispell and Ispell-en are installed, as are Aspell and Aspell-en.
> >
> > I can't find an answer in the archives.
> >
> > Many thanks for any advice.
> >
> > Keith
>
> I use KWord in 9.1, Keith, and the spelling works fine.  It's set to
> use Aspell Default dictionary, with client set to just Aspell.  HTH
>
> Anne

Go into Control Center/Components/Spell Checker and check it is as you want.

You might be able to configure it through Kword also? Don't know.

Charlie.

--
Unfortunately virtue may command admiration but not always affection.

anon

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0