Keith Powell wrote:

Hello Charlie.

Sorry, but your suggestion does not work.

KWord ignores the Control Center/Components/Spell Checker settings, and just starts each time with the English Dictionary, US-ASCII Encoding, and International Ispell Client.

Even if I change the spelling settings in KWord, it just crashes when I try to spell check.

I have uninstalled KOffice and reinstalled it, but the problem is the same.

Cheers

Keith

Is that KDE CC - Components - Spell Checker

Maybe your missing a kde spellchecker app, I don't know which supplies it, but here is a list of all the kde stull on mine and english (uk) spellchecker seems to work OK in kword.
rpm -qa | grep kde
kdebase-servicemenu-1.0-6mdk
galaxy-kde-kwin-0.2-18mdk
kdeadmin-kpackage-3.1-8mdk
kdelibs-3.1-58mdk
kdegraphics-devel-3.1-9mdk
kdebase-devel-3.1-83mdk
kdegames-3.1-11mdk
kdelibs-devel-3.1-58mdk
kdemultimedia-3.1-10mdk
kdeartwork-kde-classic-3.1-3mdk
kdebase-nsplugins-3.1-83mdk
kdemultimedia-devel-3.1-10mdk
kdetoys-3.1-5mdk
kdeutils-3.1-9mdk
galaxy-kde-0.2-18mdk
kde-i18n-en_GB-3.1-1mdk
kdesdk-3.1-9mdk
kdegraphics-3.1-9mdk
kdenetwork-3.1-31mdk
kdenetwork-devel-3.1-31mdk
kdelibs-common-3.1-58mdk
kdenetwork-kppp-3.1-31mdk
kdebase-3.1-83mdk
kdeadmin-3.1-8mdk
kdepim-3.1-17mdk

there is also something called, kde-i18-en_GB-3.1.3-1mdk

I guess there is something similar for your required language

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]