Graham Watkins wrote:
On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 21:32, Graham Watkins wrote:

I'm going to give up for tonight, log into windows and listen to Andy
Kershaw on the beeb.

Tomorrow is another day

Unfortunately, it's just like the last one. Still no sound.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Just to let you know that I sorted it. Switched off Alsa in control centre and attempted to get OSS running. That didn't work either so I ran alsaconf again, this time with the sound service switched off. This did the trick. The sound was rough at first but I tweaked the settings in Kmix and now it sounds better than ever.

Thanks for your help guys.

It looks like I'll be sticking with 9.2 after all.

--
Graham Watkins

On the whole, I preferred cats to women because cats seldom if ever used the word "relationship".(Kinky Friedman - Greenwich Killing Time)

Registered Linux user number 265254 http://counter.li.org