Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
Margot wrote:

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

Mozilla 1.3 email filters

I have Mozilla 1.4 (upgraded from 1.0 on Mandrake 9.0 then reinstalled on Mandrake 9.2) and have no problem with the filters. Is there any particular reason why you are running Mozilla 1.3? Could you upgrade to 1.4?

I dunno how. /me hangs hi head in shame and slumps off to a lonely corner.

I guess from reading the list that I would need to use urpmi but I have never used it before and asides I am, and have been for close on a year, a total newbie ie I dunno how to compile my kernel, extract from a tarball etc, etc.

Don't be scared of urpmi! It is really easy! I'm very much a newbie too - Mandrake 9.0 a year ago was not only my first Mandrake, but my first Linux. I've never even seen my kernel, let alone compiled it, and the only time I tried to use a tarball I messed up completely - but even I can manage urpmi! It sounds scary, but it really isn't. Have a look at the Twiki page on urpmi:

http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/UsingUrpmi

and then go to the Easy Urpmi page:

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php

If I can manage urpmi, anybody can. If you need more help, get back to us.

Good luck,

Margot