> What *relevant stuff* might that be? :-)

You should have something similar to this (This is for my card) -

alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-cs46xx
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 cs46xx
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=1 device_mode=0666
options snd-cs46xx index=0

> I have NO idea what I am doing here remember! I need to know what I am
> looking for and how to configure it correctly. Can you be a little
> more specific?

Well you would need to go to www.alsa-project.org and get the exact
details for your card.

HOWEVER

I went there and tried to find your card and it was not listed (not
anywhere I could see anyways!).

I think you may have to check and make sure this card is supported by
ALSA as if not it will not work.

If its not supported you could just disable it in the BIOS (or jumpers
on the motherboard) and then go get something that is compatible. I
understand Creative soundblasters are fairly good and easy to setup and
use.

--
  John Willby
  Registered Linux user number 321644