Still isnt detected. I have two plugin directories for mozilla
1. /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
2. /usr/local/mozilla/plugins
i have tried making the link in both places, restarting mozilla but still no change...

From: Bryan Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Mozilla Java plug-in probs
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:08:58 -0500

On Thursday 11 December 2003 10:11 am, Martin Brandt wrote:
> Hey
> Im running Mozilla 1.6a on a Mandrake 9.2 comp. I got the plug-in
> 'j2re-1_4_2_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin'
> followed the installation instructions, no errors, but mozilla does not
> detect the plug in. Ive heard i need to copy something somewhere. What and
> where?
> Thanks

In the mozilla/plugins directory, you need to create a symbolic link to
libjavaplugin_oji.so in the java plugins/i386/ns610 directory.

Something like
ln -s /usr/java/j2re1_4_2_03/plugins/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail messages direct to your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/msnmobile