On Thursday 11 December 2003 01:42 pm, Martin Brandt wrote:
> Well i did that already anyway : ( and it doesnt detect it. And wouldnt i
> need to use the ns610-gcc32 plugin because im using Mozilla 1.6a? I read it
> somewhere on some faq...
> Perhaps i should try a different java application. Are there any others?

The package directly from sun but I think you already have that.

Try to do a "locate /usr/lib/mo*/plugins" and see what comes up.  My guess
would be that there is some other plugins directory somewhere on the machine
that is missing the requisite link.  Creating the link worked immediately on
my Mozilla 1.4 installation.  But I did have to find the right directory.  On
my current machine I have a /usr/lib/mozilla, /usr/lib/mozilla-1.3.1,
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.3 and /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4 and all have plugins
directories.  The correct one was /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/plugins.

Or you could try installing Kaffe which, if my memory serves me correctly, is
a free java virtual machine available as a Mandrake RPM.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer