> > > Not to mention
> > > that buying tax software for $50 seems kind of expensive given
> > > that you can get it via web for free and simply pay the fee
> > > for electronic filing or just print it and fill out the forms
> > > by hand after you are done.
> >
> > I would do it online, but since i do 2 tax filings here, it's
> > less expensive to buy the software and use it twice.
>
> Well, you still have to pay the online filing fee twice, right?
> One comes with the software but the second cost money.

Yeah, that's true.

> And web
> forms only cost the online filing fee, however many times.  Last
> year was $9.99 per filing plus 4.95 for state, so a total of $30
> for two filings both Fed and State.  Can't see how it gets to be
> more expensive if you do two web filings online since the package
> is usually $50.  Unless you prefer to just print it out, I can't
> recall ever doing that from an online form.

I was thinking in turbotax dollars.  $40 for the software (including
state).  And before, i think it was much more that $15 total for
filing, but now the bastards don't even list the online price, so i
can't check.

It does look like taxact is a better deal...

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org