Bryan Phinney wrote:
On Thursday 11 December 2003 09:56 am, Drew Martin wrote:

Thanks for everyone's help.I have RL installed and it work's on
everything,but film links on web pages.
Bryan,how to I  run the mime script?

Go to RealPlayer8 directory, probably under /usr/libs and type ./mimeinstall.sh. Also, type ./pluginstall.sh to run the plugin installation script. That should copy the plugins into your /home/user/.netscape/plugins directory as well as creating the proper mimetypes.

Depending on what version of Mozilla you are running, you may need to search the disk to find the plugins directory and manually copy the rpnp.so plugin to the right directory.

S'right. Still it might be worth mentioning that the artsd problem (see earlier thread) might be preventing your Realplayer from doing the business. Try using the fix I described. You might find, as I have when trying to listen to BBC radio on the net (which uses Realplayer) that you actually need to start the player with the

artsdsp /usr/local/RealPlayer8/realplay

command *before* clicking on the video link.

I may be talking through my arse here, but it can't hurt to try.

NB. your Realplayer may not be installed in the same folder as mine. If so, adjust the command accordingly.

--
Graham Watkins

On the whole, I preferred cats to women because cats seldom if ever used the word "relationship".(Kinky Friedman - Greenwich Killing Time)

Registered Linux user number 265254 http://counter.li.org