On Thursday 11 December 2003 5:39 pm, j wrote:
> Hi there,
> I know this question has been asked under different titles, but believe me,
> I could not find a CLEAR answer:
>
> I am about to install Mandrake 9.2 and I got a new HDD thinking to disturb
> as little as possible my existing XP. I
>  have currently:
> Primary Master: C and D drives (D is virtual)
> Primary Slave: vacant
> Secondary master: DVD ROM
> Secondary slave: CD R-W
>
> My questions are:
> 1. Can I install my NEW HD in primary-slave and later install and dual-boot
> Mandrake succesfully? 2. If not, what changes should I make?

1. Yes, no problem, linux does not care where you boot from.

Put the drive in your machine.

Boot the Mandrake installer. Let it use the second HD as the place to put its
files, It should detect your WinSnooze  installation, and set up LILO to boot
it as you wish. LILO is the Linux Boot Loader, and it will set up your
computer to dual boot both XP and Mandrake.

Don't worry, Be Happy,

Peace, Love, Linux-

Rob

--