The only thing you have to be aware is were to install
LILO, because if you install on the second master
disk, and if youre computer  " BIOS Setup " indicates
that the boot must be done with the first master disk,
then you will never see the LILO boot manager.. and
you will be directed to youre Windows OS.

So if you plan to install it on the first or second
master disk, you must tell youre computer from wich
HHD it must load the boot.

   Cdrack.

--- Rob Blomquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday 11 December 2003 5:39 pm, j wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > I know this question has been asked under
> different titles, but believe me,
> > I could not find a CLEAR answer:
> >
> > I am about to install Mandrake 9.2 and I got a new
> HDD thinking to disturb
> > as little as possible my existing XP. I
> >  have currently:
> > Primary Master: C and D drives (D is virtual)
> > Primary Slave: vacant
> > Secondary master: DVD ROM
> > Secondary slave: CD R-W
> >
> > My questions are:
> > 1. Can I install my NEW HD in primary-slave and
> later install and dual-boot
> > Mandrake succesfully? 2. If not, what changes
> should I make?
>
> 1. Yes, no problem, linux does not care where you
> boot from.
>
> Put the drive in your machine.
>
> Boot the Mandrake installer. Let it use the second
> HD as the place to put its
> files, It should detect your WinSnooze
> installation, and set up LILO to boot
> it as you wish. LILO is the Linux Boot Loader, and
> it will set up your
> computer to dual boot both XP and Mandrake.
>
> Don't worry, Be Happy,
>
> Peace, Love, Linux-
>
> Rob
>
> --