On Friday 12 December 2003 04:09 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2003 23:03, robin wrote:
> > cdrack wrote:
> > > have you tryed  chmod -Rf 777 /mnt/backup ....? (beeng
> > > root of course)
> >
> > Normally msec will change the permissions back.
> >
> > Sir Robin
>
> Yes, and on my system (msec=high) it won't even allow the chmod, but
> snarls back at me : operation not permitted (even being root).
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

You can turn off msec.  Go to /usr/sbin and rename the "msec" executable to
"DISABLEmsec".  If you ever want to re-enable msec just rename the executable
back to the original "msec".  This is fine if you know how to secure your
system and know what permissions you want on your directories.

I'm no fan of msec.