Hi,
Ok, this was given to me by Izak and done yesterday...still working
after overnight reboot...Thanks to all that responded to my question..
***
 Just chmod /mnt/backup to 1777.  That way it is sticky and writable
 by any one.
 Sticky means anyone can create files, but you cannot delete files
 created by someone else.  Similar to /tmp.
Izak
***
Johan

--