David Little wrote:

I am trying to install a Umax 2000U usb scanner on 9.2.

Scanner drake identifies the "Umax Astra 2000U found on
/dev/usb/scanner0" but when I either click auto or manual configuration,
it return to the main screen and reports "No scanners found which are
available on your system"

david

Much the same thing hapened to me in M9.1 and I solved it by gong to
/etc/sane.d
and opening the relevent text file to your make of printer, and
amending the line that sets the scanner port,

like this,
#usb /dev/usbscanner0
usb /dev/usb/scanner0

I think it was an error unresolved in the way the detection sets it all up.

Funny thing was I didn't need to in M9.0.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]