On Saturday 13 December 2003 20:48, John Beaman wrote:
> I just installed ML 9.2 with medium security and most
> defaults.  When I go to choose a screensaver, the list
> is blank.  Where did they go?  How do I get them back?

First, open a console and see if you have xscreensaver installed. To
do this, type "xscreensaver-demo" and hit enter. Otherwise, become
root and type "urpmi xscreensaver". Then run "xscreensaver-demo"
again and make your choices among scores of options.

Now, to have f.x. KDE to run it permanently, uncheck the
"screensaver" in "look and Feel" --> "screensaver".

Then, still in a console, cd to /home/john/.kde/Autostart

when in the Autostart directory, type :

ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/xscreensaver screensaver
(the last "screensaver" can be anything you want to call it, thereby
creating a symbolic link to the actual application).

Next time you log into KDE you'll have it running.

Enjoy.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
** Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer **