On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:48:46 +0200
Johan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Please inform me what the last  two digits mean in an fstab entry.
> I have read it somewhere through the years and don't seem to be able
> to find it again.
> Thanks

from tuxfiles.org:

"The 5th column in /etc/fstab is the dump option. Dump checks it and
uses the number to decide if a filesystem should be backed up. If it's
zero, dump will ignore that filesystem. If you take a look at the
example fstab, you'll notice that the 5th column is zero in most cases.

The 6th column is a fsck option. fsck looks at the number in the 6th
column to determine in which order the filesystems should be checked. If
it's zero, fsck won't check the filesystem."

HTH

--
_||_  Registered linux user #300600
 (o_  Registered linux machine # 185855