Kaj,
It might have been obvious to others but until you pointed out the proper URL I have been frequently frustrated trying to search for Mandrake info in the archives. Thanks.

While conducting my very first search for an SMBCLIENT problem I have been trying to solve for several months I discovered my own posting from November and the fact that Derek was kind enough to answer and I never saw his response since some how I got booted off the group for about a week. I still have the problem and unfortunately Derek's suggestion which I found last night did not solve it. I will post the details in a separate note and hope that Derek and anyone else will be able to help since I have not been able to find any info on it any where.

Once again thanks Kaj, Derek, and all of you who contribute. I have found that for the most part by being an avid lurker most of my question get answered over time.

Pat Patterson