On Sunday 14 December 2003 04:52 pm, Chymmylt Bwoid wrote:
>snip< terribly good with linux- I ran Red Hat for a while and then with all
this
> fedora BS desided to move over to Mandrake. The install went great -the
> only issues are that a) My Sound Blaster Live Platnumproduces no sound and
> My ATI All In Wonder Pro doesn'tseem to be reconized as a TV device. These
> problemsare minor in my mind (though if somebody has ideas, lemmeknow)
You might try going into the Mandrake Control Center (just type mcc in a
console cli. and click on hardware and then click on the ATI device and
configure button. It should set it up. We hope.
> The main problem is I can't get mandrake to find the internet. I have a
> cablemodem (opt Online) plugged into a linksys router. Themachine worked
> fine in it's last config(WinXP Pro and Redhat 9 -dual boot - both OS's
> found the net find)
>
> I can ping other computers on the network no problem (and they can ping
> themandrake box) but can't ping anything outside the network.
>
> Resolve.conf seems to have the correct DNS settingson it (least it's got
> the same IP as all my other boxes find).
>
> Inside Network & Internet Drak-Connect, I get:
>
> Type: LAN
> Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (which is my router which handles the DHCP)
>
> Lan Config:
> eth0 192.168.1.102 dhcp 3c59x and status is UP
> (the ip should be right - myrouter says that's the ip it asignedto it)
>
> Please help!!!
>

> Chymmylt

This all looks right so I am guessing that what is stopping you is the
shorewall firewall. While in the mcc click on security and then the setup
firewall, you will see an allow everything box, put a check mark in it and
apply and then see if you can access the internet. If you can go back and
click on the check mark to take it out and you should still be able to access
internet and e-mail. That way you still have the firewall going or you can
leave it off and rely on your router firewall for protection.  let us know
how it goes. HTH

--
Dennis M. linux user #180842