Hi Benjamin.
Thats exactly what I did...copied the items into the new menu...and then when I
was sure they were working I deleted them out of the old menu (long...but I was
paranoid I'd loose an item).
If you right click on an item in Kmenuedit you will find an interesting popup
appearing with items such as Move Item, Move Menu, Cut, Copy, Paste, and Delete.

I hope this helps
Andrew