Greetings

I have lost my KDE front end.

I used Mandrake update to 'update' the X server to XFree86 4.3.x and now the
X server won't run.
When I used the Mandrake updater to do this it removed some directory, and I
can't remember which off hand. I would guess that X needs whatever was
removed...I just don't know which directory or how to reinstall so I can get
my KDE back.

Following copied from my laptop screen....
The error message after trying 'startx' command....

Thunderwolf - ~ >startx
hostname:unknown   <----strange cause the hostname is included in my command
line..

execve failed for /etcX11/X (errno 2)
giving up.
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

your help rebuilding this is appreciated. TIA

Doug Roberts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]