On Saturday 20 Dec 2003 2:16 am, Doug Roberts wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have lost my KDE front end.
>
> I used Mandrake update to 'update' the X server to XFree86 4.3.x
> and now the X server won't run.
> When I used the Mandrake updater to do this it removed some
> directory, and I can't remember which off hand. I would guess that
> X needs whatever was removed...I just don't know which directory or
> how to reinstall so I can get my KDE back.
>
> Following copied from my laptop screen....
> The error message after trying 'startx' command....
>
> Thunderwolf - ~ >startx
> hostname:unknown   <----strange cause the hostname is included in
> my command line..
>
> execve failed for /etcX11/X (errno 2)
> giving up.
> xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X
> server xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
>
> your help rebuilding this is appreciated. TIA
>
> Doug Roberts
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Doug - would you please re-send this, to [EMAIL PROTECTED] so
that the Mandrake Security team can look at it.  Several of us have
had some problems with this particular update.  It looks as though
the mirror has had some problems.  If anything useful comes back from
them seeing it, I'll pass it on to you.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302