Schof solved his problem, but I have to disagree with HarM on the subject of mounting disk.

Mounting the whole disk (i.e. hdc) works for cdrom, not for hard disk. For these, you can only mount the partition (i.e hdc1).

How would the kernel know where to mount your partitions if you did't tell explicitely?

raffaele