I get a lot of static and the bells work but it won't play the intro or any of my games music. When I start KDE it gives an error message about not being able to use the sound without a lot of clicks and static and to run artswrapper as root or setuid root. I tried to run artswrapper as root, below is a copy of my shell when I did so. I ran ps to see what was running that would use the sound device, there isn't anything I see. I am using Mandrake 9.2 with onboard AC97 sound chip. It's using the via82cxxx_audio driver. The board discription is ?VT82C686 [Apollo Super AC97/Audio], and the module is ?snd-via82xx. Your help is greatly appreciated. TIA, Moe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# artswrapper >> running as realtime process now (priority 50) Error while initializing the sound driver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Device or resource busy) [EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ps PID TTY TIME CMD 1049 pts/1 00:00:00 su 1052 pts/1 00:00:00 bash 1097 pts/1 00:00:00 ps [EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]#