jason pearl wrote:

lol probably i used to use the msn part of gaim but i gave up cuz of that problem.. i use aim and yahoo mostly

I use gaim for aim+yahoo, and it works well. Not perfectly, unfortunately - many times signon will hang connecting to yahoo when I start up gaim. If I cancel that, immediately go to Tools-Accounts and check the checkbox for yahoo, it will successfully connect. Annoying, but not annoying enough for me to get my lazy self up and file a bug report. gaim releases come so quickly that I'm sure this will be fixed in another couple days.

--
Guy Rouillier