My main problems have been
1- freezings: that were solved by disactivating ACPI.
2- no sound: solved by switching to ALSA (in KDE control center)
and raising the sound volumes in kmix.
3- I connected a USB multi card reader. Though it is seen by Mandrake,
but nothing happens (and i donīt know what to do next.

More minor problems:
1- I still don have sound from the back speakers (i have a 5.1 system).
2- I had to reinstall the Mandrake once again for some reason and
noticed that if i do the upgrades from another server, the menus
in KDE do not break.
3- I am going to test CD burning performance in Mandrake and will let
you know about the result.

Regards,  Ramin

 --- P J Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Still waiting to install
9.2 but after reading all the problems with