On Friday 26 December 2003 18:40, ronald wrote:
> Op vrijdag 26 december 2003 19:07, schreef John:
> > I put in a new cdrom and system still won't boot from 9.2
> > installation cd. It apparently skips the cd boot and goes into
> > the regular boot with md 9.1. Are there any other possibilities?
> > My only thoughts right now are to possibly try a hammer but I
> > would probably miss and hit my thumb. Any help is appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > john
>
> is your bios set to boot from cd first? if so try cd2...
> if you have a working system you can also read the install.htm
> on cd1 and create a bootfloppy
>
> HTH  ronald

I think I read somewhere that some older systems wouldn't boot from a
cd if the drive was mounted as slave.  Could that be your problem?

OTOH, I have been working on a friend's M$ box, where I had the
greatest difficulty persuading it to boot from a cd, so there may be
other possibilities.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302