Hi, based on the replies you all sent I have a couple questions. I write them in order, based on the importance or being more likely to be or fix the problem, 1- . One being the first concern. The questions are listed in order of what needs to be done first, based on my judgement.

1.(3 questions)
I have read the information in your replies. The question I have is, is there another way to enable hyper threading besides the using the smp kernel or updating to 2.6 kernel? Generally there are commands to enable features like hyper threading. Are you sure there is not a command or something like it? Also is there a command I can run from the command line to make sure hyper threading is not enabled? I don't think it is, just to be sure though (I didn't notice the penguins during installation).

2.(no questions)
I did not notice one or two penguins during the installation. I also wrote this above, although if there are any commands it would be helpful to be 100% sure ht is enabled. I do not think it is.

3.(3 questions)
If there is not a way to get hyper threading to work with the regular kernel, is all that needs to be done is boot from the smp kernel? Will booting from that kernel work? Is there anything else that needs to be done to get hyperthreading enabled in Linux besides booting from the smp kernel?

4.(2 questions)
I already installed the kernel-2.4.22.21mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm, so if you install 2.6 kernel the same way, it shouldn't be a problem. Would I need to use the smp kernel? Would I need to configure it to enable hyper threading?

From,
Steven

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger — learn how here! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize