On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:52:38 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christoph Eckert) wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I do not know.
>
> The line is derived from a SuSE 9.0 installation which crashed
> very often, so I got some parameters from the web and played
> with them (without result, so I switched to Mandrake ;-)

That's funny, your post had led me to do some Googling on apic, and apparently
it may be the cause of some instability I've been experiencing WRT the
filesystem. Apparently it has something to do with MP systems and is enabled by
default. Anyway, the info I found was all from Suse mailing lists... :-D

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046