H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

On Thursday 01 January 2004 09:52, boulanger wrote:

Hi,

        Here's something that looks interesting:
[ 868395 ] dosemu-stable 2003 Edition Released
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=868395&group_id=49
784&atid=457447 Should I put this (dosemu-stable) on the twiki?

        If anyone wants to try it, the direct link for it is
http://dosemu-stable.sourceforge.net/packages/dosemu-stable-2003.tar.gz.

        I've tried it, and
        I have 2 questions:
        1) Has anyone had any experience with this program? It works so far on
some old DOS games, like Warcraft II, although my Timidity patch set makes
the MIDI sound bad.

        2) Are there any packages (rpms) available for it, maybe on cooker? I
haven't found any on rpmfind.net. It'd be a bit simpler to just get urpmi
to automatically update it.

TIA!

Regards,
boulanger

Isn't this the same as dosbox which is in "contribs"?

No dosbox is geared mainly for games. dosemu still needs dos to run it usually comes with freedos.
Aaron

Good luck, HarM